Suzanna

12.30.2006

Christmas and New Years

Well, I'm not sure how many of your heard from the news, but we had some CRAZY weather here in Seattle recently. 2 weeks ago we had a huge windstorm that left 1.5 million people without electricity. Erin and I somehow lucked out as everyone around both our apartments were without electricity for days, but we never lost it. We had 1 day off school because so many schools were without power. Then there came the rush on gas...so many gas stations didn't have power that the ones with power had HUGE lines. Then those gas stations started running out of gas. We ended up having to not drive my car for 2 days and just take Erin's because it still had gas. Many people were without power for almost a week! Pretty much it was a compelete mess!

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a great Christmas and New Years! Erin and I went down to California (right outside of LA in Orange County) over Christmas. We had a great time there. It was great to meet all of his extended family - I must say they are a bit wilder than my family, but all seem very nice. It included my first ever 9 holes of "real" golf. Check out my amazing golf swing:




On Tuesday Erin and I went down to San Diego. We went to Old Town and to Sea World. I think we saw almost all the shows you could at Sea World. Neither of us had been there since we were little, so we both had a great time, but agreed that we were pretty sure Sea World had changed a lot since we were little. Here's a picture of me touching a sting ray:

For New Years we were going to go down to Portland to spend it with Erin's sister, Erica, and Erica's boyfriend, Scott. We decided, however, that maybe we should just stay here and relax a bit more before work starts up again. Also, we're a little afraid of the traffic on Monday! So, I think we're just going to walk down to the point by my apartment and watch the Space Needle fireworks. That way there's no driving involved!!

Hope everyone is safe and having fun wherever you are!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

It sounds like a busy Christmas break...but fun! Enjoy the New Year!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Wow, I did not hear about those crazy windstorms! Hope you enjoyed your break, I sure did!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home